Tapping: Easy Energy Healing from Home
If you can't schedule an energy healing session for a more advanced modality, you can still achieve remarkable effects from home quickly and easily with EFT (emotional freedom technique), or "tapping".
Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT), has been clinically proven to eliminate stress and emotional issues in minutes. Combining basic principles of psychology with the ancient Chinese medical practice of acupressure, EFT was developed by Gary Craig in 1981 from techniques discovered by Dr. Roger Callahan, a cognitive psychologist. EFT works by tapping on specific acupressure points (acupoints, for short) in easy-to-reach places on your face, upper body, and hands while tuning into an emotion or issue. It reduces the intensity of traumatic memories, conquers phobias, anxiety, stress, compulsions, addictions, food cravings, physical pain, mental blockages, and many other issues that are influenced by our minds, and brings our system back into balance. EFT is a whole new way to release emotional memories and deeply entrenched patterns of behavior. In the first few minutes after you try it, you are likely to find the intensity of your cravings, stress, or other issues decreasing rapidly.
The beauty of EFT is that it is easy to learn, simple to apply, and can be done by anyone, at any time, anywhere. It is so quick and easy that one full round of the EFT protocol will take less than 60 seconds.
How to do it:
- Intentionally activate the energy disturbance by thinking about a painful memory or just feeling your feelings. Now that the energy disturbance is activated, begin to tap with your fingertips on the 10 acupuncture points in the diagram. It is essential that the energy disturbance remains activated the whole time you are tapping in order to completely clear it. Therefore, you have to keep your attention focused on the negative feelings while tapping until they are gone.
- Come up with a short phrase used to refer to the memory or problem, the more specific the better. We call this the "reminder" phrase because we will use it during the tapping process to stay focused on the memory or current problem. The way to create a reminder phrase for a memory is to give the memory a title, like the title of a movie. "This pain in my head", etc.
- Perform the Set-up Affirmation. You do the set-up affirmation by saying a self-acceptance affirmation three times while tapping on the karate chop point. The self-acceptance affirmation has the following form:
"Even though ______________, I deeply and profoundly accept myself."
The blank is filled in with the reminder phrase that you came up with in step 2.
For example: "Even though I have this pain in my head, I deeply and profoundly accept myself."
- When you have done all ten points, you have completed one pass through the points. Repeat this for and see if you can feel the energy imbalance begin to clear from your meridians. This simple EFT recipe has about a 40-50% success rate.
If you don't find any success with the above, one or more of the following factors are usually involved:
- The Set-up was not performed completely enough (Psychological Reversal)
- You are trying to apply EFT to more than one thing at a time
- The problem is being approached too generally or globally
- The problem is still not specific enough
- You need to get more clearly in touch with the issue
- Original memories need to be addressed first
- A second issue is interfering
- A "secondary gain" (hidden benefit) is interfering
- A "blocking belief" is interfering
- Your feelings about the issue are interfering
- A deeper issue is interfering
There is a huge amount of information, courses, and books on tapping if you're interested, or for a more in depth approach to energy medicine, please try a session with me or another energy professional.